Monday, October 21, 2013

One step forward, 5 back

That's how I feel today. I made it to the gym this morning, after not going for like a month. I felt so fantastic afterwards. Then I came home to change and get ready so I can go out looking for a job. T and I went out to a restaurant so I could fill out the application and we could eat lunch. I ate like a fat piggy. I had the majority of my salad, a mozzarella stick, 3 boneless wings, a couple chips with dip, and a piece of a quesadilla. I felt so disgusting. So after dropping T back off at work, I came home and purged until there was nothing left except a raw throat. Then popped 6 laxies.
I am so disappointed in myself for letting it get out of hand. I haven't ate that much in such a long time. I will not be eating dinner tonight, that's for sure. I can't help but subconsciously count all the calories of everything I ate. That's something I don't think will ever go away. And to top everything off, the number on the scale still didn't change this morning. I think I need either a new scale or a new battery. I'm surprised that scale has lasted as long as it has. After last summer when T stabbed a sword through it; I didn't think it would ever work again. OMG, I just had a terrifying thought. What if it really hasn't been working right and it's been telling me the wrong numbers all along? What if I'm really 10lbs heavier than I think I am? Ugh, that would piss me off.
My youngest was full of piss and vinegar today. He has been defying everything that I have told him to do. It's days like this when I can't wait for him to start school and then I can have time to myself. I'm not sure if I really want alone time, but just time without the kiddos. Does that make me a bad mom? It's just my life is the same boring routine and so mundane. I need some excitement in my life. Maybe that would help with the depression as well. Something's gotta give soon or I'm going to lose my freakin mind.
The other night I smoked a bowl. It's been a long time since I've smoked and when I do it, I don't do it very often. But anyway, it helped relax me like a million times better. I felt happier, I was laughing, and I even ate a half of piece of pie, and some popcorn. Two unsafe foods. So T and I started joking, "how do you get an anorexic to eat? Light her up." We thought it was pretty funny.
So after my youngest wakes up from his nap, I have to take him up to his dad's and then pick my oldest up from school. My youngest has his pre-k evaluation tomorrow. I'm pretty nervous about it because he is so developmentally behind and I'm afraid of what that will mean about him getting into school. I remember taking my oldest to his evaluation and him exceeding in all of the academic features. Unfortunately I know my youngest is a bit academically challenged. I've been worrying about this all week and dreading tomorrow to come. But I guess we'll just see how it plays out. Lots of love.
XOXO Katie   

5 comments:

  1. Your honesty is very touching. I'm sure writing about all these is already a wonderful form of release. Hugs to you... ♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry about the one little set back. At the end of the day it will be okay. As for the kiddie problems, sounds very challenging and I am a total void on the subject matter, but what I do know is that you are a pretty strong chick, and you have the fortitude to have overcome some pretty huge challenges in your life. At the end of the day, this tells me that they will be okay, because they have you to support them. :) Xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, it does not make you a bad mum at all dear! You are a wonderful mother and as much as you love your boys it is not a crime to want some you time away from them sometimes x do bit feel bad at all! I'm sorry about today.. I'm sure you haven't gained at all, this ed thing makes us always think the worst, I hope you feel better soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Comgrats on going to the gym again.I understand in a way what you mean about your kids, but in my opinion, that doesn't make you a bad mom.
    As for the food and the stress surrounding it, just take it one meal at a time. It's not going to mAke you fat. If you err need to talk or wan to hang out, I'm just a text or phone call away. Love you. Be safe. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi hun,
    Of course you aren't a bad mother for wanting some time to yourself! I think that that's perfectly normal. Even if your youngest struggles tomorrow, it doesn't change who he is or how much you love him. He is the way he is, perfect, I'm sure. Good luck to the both of you though!
    Love,
    Lena xx

    ReplyDelete