Monday, January 7, 2013

So embarrassed

I am a 23 year old woman with two children and I probably just did the most embarrassing thing that my eating disorder has ever made me do. I had to buy new bras....
FROM THE LITTLE GIRLS SECTION!!! Ugh, I am so disgusted with myself. I swear I got looks from other moms, I got looks from the employees, I got looks from dads. Everyone was just staring at me. I would like to say that I will probably never see any of them again, but with my luck and it being a small town, someone will pass me in the grocery store, whisper to the person next to them, "That's the woman I saw buying little girls bras." It's not like you can miss me, I got bright pink hair!
OK, well maybe I'm being a bit paranoid here, but seriously, ick. I guess I could look at this in a positive way and say that at least I got some bras that fit me. But I want my boobs back. Keep my waist, tighten up my thighs, and give me back my boobs, then I would be one happy woman. I'm too young to look the way I do.
OK, moving on to other things. My oldest son and I spent the day together, which was nice. He has been on his new medication since Friday and he seems to be doing well with it. We went to one of his appointments, then I took him to McDonald's for lunch (I had a salad) and let him play. Then we went to the library so I could find a book that his OT recommended for me to read. I also picked him up a couple of books to read and a Pokemon movie that he is now sitting in his room watching. Then we went shopping. I love days like this with him because he is so sweet and loving to me. Days like this are so rare that I will take them when I get them.
Tomorrow I am going down to Denver to meet up with a girlfriend for the first time. So it's like a blind "girls day out." Such a sweet girl. We've been talking for awhile now, we have a lot in common, and I figured since she doesn't live that far away from me, I can drive down there and we could go do some shopping, or driving around, or coffee. Coffee is always good. But first thing in the morning I am going to see my dietitian. That means weigh in. I'm pretty sure that with the way I've been eating the last couple weeks, we will see a gain, even if it's a slight one. Late night snacking has been my weakness here lately. Especially chocolate. I don't know why I can't say no to it.
Oh, I found this very interesting blog earlier. Check it out here. It's quite interesting to hear the story and battle from a mothers point of view. Alright, I hope you're all doing well. Much love.
XOXO Katie

3 comments:

  1. Don't beat yourself up Katie
    Things won't always be this way
    I believe you are on the road to recovery and I have every faith in you

    Late night snacking is my weakness too
    I don't eat all day and then snack in the evenings
    I'm trying to eat regularly but failing miserably

    Stay strong lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey sweetie, don't feel bad, it's not their business where you buy your bras, and you're right, at least you have some that fit now. I'm worried that if I lose more weight I will have to start buying A-cup sizes ._. Anyway maybe they thought they were for someone else?
    I'm a late-night snacker too!
    I'm glad you had a nice day with your son and I hope you have fun with your friend tomorrow :)
    Take care <3
    Alice xx

    ReplyDelete