Friday, December 14, 2012

My problems seem petty tonight

Tonight our country mourns for 20 children and 6 adults killed in a mass shooting at an elementary school. So instead of me ranting and raving about how much I hate myself, how fat I am, how I just want to die; I am holding my boys a bit closer and expressing how much I love them. At around 9:30am, a 24 year old man walked into a CT elementary school and opened fire, killing children, teachers and other administration. Tonight we lighted a candle for all those families that lost their loved ones. The victims were as young as 5 years old. The same age as my oldest son. Kids in their Kindergarten classes. There has been too many shootings this year. One only an hour away from me back in August. It's so sad what our country has come to. My heart is breaking. My thoughts and many, many prayers are with those families. I love each and everyone of you that take the time to read my blog. Much love.
XOXO Katie

4 comments:

  1. ugh. Its so sickening that this has happened. And although this one has had 10x the amount of casualties as the Oregon shooting had, it is disturbing to have 2 shootings in one week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so terribly awful, I don't understand what is wrong with this world. I can't comprehend why there is so much vile indecency in life, towards people.
    Keep your thoughts good, and your loved ones close xx

    I wish peace for everyone affected by this tragedy <3
    All my love, thoughts, and prayers

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just heard about this and I am so shocked
    I just don't understand why people do this
    Why steal so many innocent lives, children

    I'll be lighting a candle for all the victims x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so shocking. I was close to the Aurora shooting, I almost went to that movie theater that night. I'm so glad I didn't.
    I pray for all those families that have lost their children. I am keeping them in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete