Saturday, December 8, 2012

Finally a poem

Disclaimer: This poem doesn't reflect my wanting to give in, but something others can relate too. I haven't been able to write in a long time, and this just came to me. Enjoy.

The sky is beginning to darken and the wind is moving in. I sit in the corner sending prayers for safety, but no one is answering them. I have only one companion to keep me safe. Someone who keeps bringing me back to this place. Although she isn't physically here, I can still see her face. She tells me it will be alright, just as long as I listen to her. "Ignore the storm outside and all the terror it will stir." She tells me the smaller that I am, I will not be in the way. Maybe if I starve myself, today will be that day. The day that my world will come to an end. And she's my only friend. The cuts across my arms and thighs, are nothing compared to the lies. Or this silent room in which I cry. She wraps her arms around me, claiming to stay near. But when I look at her, it's everything I fear. The control she has over me, but claims she's doing what's best. Fighting to kill me and finally lay me to rest. 23 years old and buried six feet under. Can no longer hear the rain or thunder. Buried underneath a single red rose. Leaving behind everyone, but that's how death goes. I've decided to wave my white flag, give into this battle. Stop riding my horse of victory, climb off of that saddle. Take Ana's hand and walk with her towards the light. Because like she said before, there's nothing left to fight. She has already won, made me fade away. She has killed me inside and out every single day. I will no longer hurt the ones who mean the most to me. I wonder if they will miss me, even to a small degree. Who will show up and cry tears or sadness, as my body burns to ashes. When I'm gone, I will only be a memory, a girl who never got to be free. I was another statistic of a girl starving herself to death, only to forget to take that one last breath. So when I'm gone, remember who I was before all of this. Remember I am free to live in eternal bliss. I will no longer live with this disease, I can get back on my feet and off my knees. For they are too scraped up to keep moving on, I'm pulling away, becoming withdrawn. I don't leave behind a legacy, only a memory, so please don't forget me.

5 comments:

  1. Katie this is beautiful but so very sad

    I feel like that too, surrendering and giving in
    To stop fighting
    To just lay down and sleep

    You are on the right path though
    Recovery will give you more than anorexia ever did

    Trust
    Believe
    Stay strong

    Love to you x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You write so beautifully sweetheart <3 *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. <3 Exquisite and beautifully honest, as are you.
    You are so precious, never give in darling.
    Love you for you xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful honest poem. I wish I could write like this xx

    ReplyDelete