Thursday, September 6, 2012

Interruption of letting go

I apologize for not posting yesterday. I was full of emotions and it was my birthday and I ate like a pig. So this is going to be a regular post and I will go back to my series tomorrow. Okay where to start? My birthday was wonderful. The best one I have had in years. My mom showered me with love. We went and got pedicures, and went to lunch at Carinos. I ate way too much and felt sick all day long. She got me a Kitchen Aide Standing Mixer and it's freaking pink. Now I can make all my own breads and stuff. I'm pretty excited about that. T got me a beautiful black hills gold cross necklace, which I found quite fitting for the news that I also received yesterday.
Alright, so here it goes. I got THE phone call yesterday. The one telling me that my insurance approved me for 2 weeks inpatient at EDC of Denver. Then after 2 weeks, they will re-evaluate me and it sounds pretty promising that they will approve me for another 2 weeks given all the medical papers and therapist papers I had to provide. I'm a mixture of emotions. Everyone around me is showing how happy they are for me, and don't get me wrong, this is a huge blessing, but I can't help but be scared. And nervous. Well; and down right terrified. I have lived with Ana for 12 years. She's always been the one I run to when I am having problems. But I can no longer do that if recovery is my decision. It's all just very overwhelming. My admission date is next Wednesday the 12th. I will be able to take my laptop with me so I will be able to do updates. The program I am going to is PHP. So it's 10 hours a day at the center, and then at 6:15pm they transport us to the housing units. I will have roommates. I'm kinda nervous about that because I don't want to be the new girl who keeps to herself. But that's what I'm going to do. I can't imagine any of those girls liking me. I haven't told my oldest yet. I plan on telling him on Sunday, maybe after church. But I don't know how to go about telling him, or what to say, or how he is going to handle it. My biggest issue with me being away from him is the fact that he will be in the care of his father, and his dad is in complete denial that there is anything wrong with our son. I could put all the medical paperwork right there in front of him and he still would deny it. I'm going to miss my kids so much, especially if I do go for the full 4 weeks, or what if they keep me longer? That's so long without seeing them. They're my babies. My world. I have been crying on and off since I got the news yesterday. I can't wait til this is gone and I have my life back and my energy back. So that's it. I'm going inpatient... Yep...
XOXO Katie

5 comments:

  1. God has put it all in place you for! Praise the Lord! Your boys will be just fine without you for a little while..but will have you for a lifetime thanks to this gift! Take it, embrace it...RUN with it! I will continue to pray for your healing and wish you the best in the adventure! P.S. Make friends...they could be the people He is placing in your life for your healing! Please let me know if I can help you in any way!! And take some candles with you. Light them at bedtime to remind you of the loving people waiting and praying for you.<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy that you are getting this chance. Don't overthink how you'll act or anything, just go and do the work you need to do. Your oldest will be okay for a few weeks, you will have a lifetime to work on his needs. He needs you to be whole and strong to get him through the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie I'm so very proud if you for taking control,it is YOUR life afterall and I wish you much success in burying ana for good. Bb girl don't keep to yourself make friends talk to them they understand they are fighting for their lives like you. Talking is great therapy to ppl that really get it. Sending much love & many prayers my heart is with you, own your life bb

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so brave for doing this. I envy your courage. I hope that they can help you get all this sorted out. And you son may or may not understand why you have to do this right now. But someday when hes grown up a little more he will thank you. You're his momma. He needs you to be okay. It would be way worse for him if you kept being sick until it killed you than having you away for a little bit.
    Remember this is YOUR life. You aren't choosing recovery so much as life. A life that you deserve and need. You deserve to be happy and never have to worry about how much food you put into your body.
    I will be thinking of you and praying for you while you are inpatient. And you have to give us lots of details about it.

    Pride.Strength.Courage
    ~TinyRose

    ReplyDelete
  5. That phone call was quite a birthday gift! I pray the joy of the Lord will be your strength throughout the treatment. I'm talking about true joy that doesn't depend on any person or circumstance but is deeply rooted in God alone. Love you :)

    ReplyDelete