Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Treatment...?

It's been a roller coaster of emotions these past few days. In a couple hours I have my OB appointment and we are going to get a better look at what it is that is hurting me so badly seeing as the antibiotics didn't work. I'm thinking another surgery is in my near future. Yesterday was a battle with Ana. I only consumed 395 calories. I restricted like crazy. As I was writing the poem that you can find below, something came over me and I went to the EDC website and took a look around. And then the unthinkable happened. I actually called them, had to leave them a message. Within an hour, she called me back. She asked why now. So I told her a bit of my history and my current state of health. She wanted to meet with me as soon as possible. So she emailed me an 8 page packet to fill out. I meet with her in Denver at 3pm today. She is going to do my assessment, talk about my insurance coverage, and give me a tour of the place. I'm extremely nervous. Ana is pretty pissed at me right now. So much so that I only had 50 calories for breakfast. I feel the urge to skip lunch seeing as I got a long day ahead of me. I am going to see my favorite teacher from high school and visit with him for a bit before I head to Denver. I wish I didn't have to go to this assessment by myself. I wish my mom could go with me. But she also has a busy day watching my nephews. I mean, it's not like I'm committing to go, but I'm taking the first step and at least getting a good look at the place I might spend the next month at. They asked so many questions on those assessment papers. And I can't lie. I have to be honest with them or they can't help me. If you haven't read the poem I wrote yesterday, you should check it out. It's kind of a big deal for me because I haven't been able to write in so long. And yesterday the words just flowed right out. I miss writing. I think I want to do it more often. Well I have to head off for my busy day. Much love. Stay strong.
XOXO Katie

5 comments:

  1. I am praying for you girl! I know this is the right thing and God will make it happen for you!I am SOOO proud of you for taking that first step to just check it out! Prayers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you are going for this assessment today. I wish I was there to go with you. Love ya<3

    ReplyDelete
  3. good for you, one step at a time. good luck!

    hugs,
    lu

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your assessment & take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete