Monday, November 5, 2012

Recovery focused day

Yesterday I woke up in a great mood. I am proud to say that I ate all 3 meals and all 3 snacks and didn't even give my eating disorder a single moment of my time. I had a very productive day of cleaning the whole house and then my car. It helps keep me distracted and makes everything more manageable. Then T and I made a huge pot of spaghetti sauce for last nights dinner and to freeze for future meals. It was nice to do it together and I enjoy making it and not buying it so that way I know what is going into it. I served the spaghetti with garlic bread and I even ate a piece. Most definitely not one of my safe foods but I pushed past it anyway. I am thinking about writing a letter to my therapist from treatment and letting her know how I'm doing and maybe send her a picture of the boys and I. Ugh, pictures. I need to get those done this month so I can get together Christmas cards. With this stupid time change, the boys are not adjusting very well. They were up before I was this morning, so I didn't even get a moment to myself for a cigarette quietly. But my oldest is at school and my youngest will be going down for a nap here soon, and then T and I are going to work out. I'm pretty excited because I haven't worked out in so long besides doing the ab wheel. Let me tell you, that thing is killing my abs so good lol. I am bound and determined to get rid of this belly fat and put the weight back on where I want it. I want to find a used stationary bike so that way I can work on my legs as well. I still have the gap, but it's very small. I don't want to go back to having legs where I don't feel comfortable in shorts again. One part of me is like, "You worked so hard to achieve the body you wanted, so why undo it all?" The other part of me is, "You are not getting fat, you are getting healthier, which will help you in the zombie apocalypse more." Sorry, watching too much The Walking Dead. That show is absolutely amazing and the way they just left last night, I don't wanna wait a whole week for another episode. If you haven't watched the show, you need to. But start from the beginning, otherwise you will be very confused. One more thing, thank you to my 3 new followers I got this week. Everyone's love and support puts a smile on my face. Much love.
XOXO

3 comments:

  1. I'm so happy to read this Katie, you are fighting hard and are winning the war against anorexia.

    I am also trying to eat 3 meals and snacks without purging and I know how hard it is.

    You are reaping the rewards for all your hard work, health, happiness and peace of mind.

    Keep up the good work x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Katie,

    I'm glad to hear that you're having a better day. I really admire your strength; I totally believe that you'll beat this. You're so strong!

    You're on your way to kicking some serious ass in the zombie apocalypse. The Walking Dead is awesome; Sunday's episode was intense!

    All my support,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad that you are doing so well. Ana has noting on you. You got this!!
    You are so strong, I hope someday we both can be ED free. <3

    ReplyDelete