Sunday, November 18, 2012

Pill cocktail anyone?

I am on so many medications that I might as well just have them for dinner. There's enough in there to fill me up, and hey, less calories. I went to a new doctor this past week. She upped my dosage on one of my medications, started me on two more for anxiety, and is going to add another in a couple weeks for my depression. My anxiety came back right after my other doctor took me off my main anxiety medication about a month ago, and I'm tired of living with anxiety about everything, so I needed to do something about it. I was weighed. Still at 96lbs. Well at least I was on Thursday. Pretty sure it's gone up since then. I've been trying to stick to my meal plan and I'm pretty sure I've gained at least 3lbs. Which would be okay if it wasn't over the course of a few days. And this week is Thanksgiving. Ugh. I'm not going to be weighed this week neither. Damn it.
I'm sorry that I've been absent the last week or so. I promise I will get back to commenting and reading. This is going to be a short post. Hope everyone is doing okay. Much love.
XOXO Katie

8 comments:

  1. I hope you get the anxiety issue figured out, it really is no way to live day by day. Stay strong through the Holiday, it will be okay.
    Hope you have a good week, take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I was brave enough to get some anxiety medication. It might help me cope rather than turning to binging :(

    Hope you can get your medications sorted out. Living with anxiety is a killer... And thanksgiving week is so tough. Keep strong and brave beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm also on quite a lot of meds Katie
    Hopefully not for too long though

    You are doing great girl
    Keep going! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. ugh, Thanksgiving. I wish you the best of luck with your holiday activities. And I hope that the anxiety meds work out! I know how frustrating all of that fiddling can be. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep eating...keep fighting. I guess they are one and the same for you. I know meds aren't ideal...but if they help you then it'll be a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Katie, I agree with Destiny, I wish I wasn't anxious anymore. I hope the meds are working for you :)
    You're doing really well and I hope you enjoy thanksgiving, we don't have that holiday here. Take care <3
    Alice xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweetie I'm so sorry you have to take all this. I know this may not help you but medication is so bad for you! The only thing that can help you is if you approve of yourself. Love yourself. Be kind and generous to yourself. You can do it. Just block out the thought that starts with "but.." or "no, cuz..." when someone gives you a compliment. I know you can do it. And just increase the chemistry you're taking doesn't make you healthy. The pharmaceutical industry wants to make money by keeping us sick. The side-effects of ataraktics are often worse than what they help! Did you ever hear about the inner child? When it's hurt it's the reason we can't find confidence in ourselfs and just be happy with who we are, because we deny it. I'm very sorry I have to be so critical but medication are just as bad as being sick... I wish you all the best and hope you get better soon. Take care, much love

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope the medication is working for you :) Without mine I think I wouldn't be alive if I am honest with myself. I take so many too and its hard sometimes as every time I take them I feel different to everyone else. But you shouldn't think like that, taking mental health medication is no different if you had a physical condition and you wouldn't think twice of taking medication for that. Lots of Love and thanks for following mee xx

    ReplyDelete