Tuesday, November 13, 2012

A brutally honest post

So first off, I am going to apologize for how negative this post might be. Last night writing in my journal, I learned that I will say things in there and not put them on here in fear of everyone being disappointed in me. Secondly, just because I'm writing like this tonight, doesn't mean I feel this way all the time. Just in the last few days. And finally, I'm writing this to hold me accountable. I need to get it all out and be done with it. It's honest, and there may a few people upset with how I feel currently, but do know that I am doing my best at recovery. OK, here we go...
I feel nothing short of a fat cow. My eating disorder has done nothing but beat me down these past few days. I can't even eat something that is around 200 calories without feeling completely guilty about it. I DO have an overwhelming urge to purge my food, but haven't given into it. I can't get dressed in front of my mirror because I can't stand what I see. I am trying so very hard to see how "beautiful" I am, all the things about me that make me unique and what not, but I just don't see it. I don't see what everyone else sees. Just like no one sees things in my perspective. Most people look at me and may think that I'm underweight or perfectly skinny, but in no way do I see this. All I can do is pick out every single imperfection about me. My hair is too frizzy and entirely too short now. My eyes and lips are too small and my nose is freaking huge. My face and neck are covered in blemishes. My arms are too jiggly. My stomach and thighs are huge and have stretch marks on them. My calves are gigantic and I have ugly feet. My boobs are too small and my ass is too fat. As a mom, I should be proud of my stretch marks. They prove that I did something special. But to me, they are just another thing on my body that doesn't belong. I see moms all the time with no stretch marks and I'm always jealous. 
Went and got family pictures today. Out of 69 shots, I can almost find something wrong with the way I look in all of them. Don't get me wrong, they were great photos, but I feel like I've gained too much weight and of course you can see it all in my face. T and the kids looked great. We got some great photos of all of us, some of just the kids, and some of just T and I. I would post a couple on here so everyone could see them, but I'm a bit embarrassed. But we got Christmas cards to send out, so I'm happy about that.
I apologize for the way this post came out, but I realized that I need to be comfortable writing something here just like I do in my journal, or else there's no reason to keep it. I have good days and I have bad days. Right now I am under a storm cloud and I'm waiting for the rainbow to show itself to me. Recovery is not out of my reach, I'm just not currently touching it. Ana tends to be a bit loud and distracting and sometimes I don't put enough effort to make that extra leap towards the end of all of this. Under the storm cloud, Ana is jumping in the puddles having a great time, while I sit under a tree trying not to get struck by lightning. This too shall pass and it will stop raining soon. This goes for everyone that is struggling with your eating disorder. We need to have patience and know that it won't ever go away for good, but we can put it in the back of our closets. Alright, that's my rant. Hope everyone is having a good day/night. Much love.
XOXO Katie

10 comments:

  1. I am so happy and think it is so wonderful that you have chosen to put all honesty here. Never apologize for what you write, it's what you need to say and no one can tell you what that is.
    It's okay to struggle, it is going to happen, it will pass and I hope in those dark moments you remember what you're fighting for.
    Take care dearest, all my love to you xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what to say to you except that I feel like this too. I can find something wrong with every single part of me and most of it I can't change. My weight is one of the only things that I hate that is possible to change, so I guess that's why I'm always trying.
    Also, don't feel bad, I have stretch marks and have had no children ._.
    I hope you find that rainbow soon dear, you are amazing <3
    Alice xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, don't apologize! You're here to let out EVERYTHING and ANYTHING, no one will judge or be disappointed in you. We're here for support - nothing else.

    First of all, CONGRATULATIONS ON NOT PURGING! You just breezed over that fact, but that's huge! The fact that mentally you're struggling but haven't acted upon those thoughts physically proves how strong you are.

    Keep searching in yourself for the beautiful things others see in you, they aren't lying :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you were honest about your struggles. I also have been struggling immensely lately, and have had terrible cravings to binge. However, unlike you who has bravely held off on purging, I have given in to the binges. Now I feel shittier than ever...

    I think honesty is such an important part of recovery. Including all the negative thoughts... at first I thought part of 'recovering' was avoiding or pushing away the negative feelings, but now I believe it is so important to get it all out.

    I hope you find peace and strength today xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your honesty Katie, a lot of people will identify with this including me

    I've learned that I can not trust the mirror but that doesn't stop me looking
    I've regained over a stone in the last year and it's so hard not to beat myself up over this
    Yes I needed to gain weight but it's so hard because I didn't always see that I was very underweight

    My advice is avoid the mirror and body checking as much as possible
    Go by what the scale says for a true reflection of your weight

    Stay strong Katie, you have come so far

    Much love x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't feel bad about not feeling super confident and happy in recovery. It's a process. It isn't going to happen overnight and it's going to be hard but it's worth it. You are doing great even with the downer thoughts you are having. You have to keep fighting for yourself and for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You didn't purge; that's fantastic news because you aren't letting the disorder win :) I'm sure you see more flaws in the mirror than T or any of us would see. I wish you could see how beautiful you are x stay strong hon xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are doing so well. And don't feel bad about being honest.
    I can relate so well to finding something wrong with EVERY part of my body. </3

    ReplyDelete
  9. You ought not to apologise. Recovery is not linear. Setbacks are not failures. You are strong. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so strong and the way you write about your feelings really helps me to accept mine. Thank you for sharing this with me. Take care

    ReplyDelete