Saturday, October 13, 2012

Menigitis and a slip

Well at 3:30am on Wednesday morning, I ended up in the hospital with the worst headache I have ever experienced. I couldn't understand why it was so bad. After a spinal tap, a CT scan and blood work, they told me that I had meningitis. I spent 3 days in the hospital and was released last night. While in the hospital, after many bags of fluids in me, they decided to weigh me. That was a horrible idea. According to their scale, I had gained 11 pounds in 5 days. I had a major freak out and didn't want to eat. My discharge weight from the EDC was 95lbs. My weight on Wednesday was 106lbs. I freaked out, started crying, and my eating disorder was extremely loud. Telling me that I was eating too much and that I was gaining weight too fast. So after talking to my dietitian, we decided that I wasn't going to weigh myself until my appointment with her next week. This is a great idea. She told me that each bag of fluid that they put into me is 2.5lbs and there is no way that all that water weight will just go away, so weighing myself within this next week would just backtrack me into a relapse. So this morning I woke up, did laundry, dishes, picked up the house, made some coffee and had a pep talk with myself. I kept reminding myself that food is not an option for me and that I must eat if I want to recover from this eating disorder. So I ate breakfast and I didn't hate myself afterwards, so I am hoping I am back on track from this slip that I had. I get both my boys back finally after being in treatment and the hospital stay. I'm pretty excited, but kinda nervous at the same time. I know my life is going to go back to being chaos but I'm hoping that I can handle it better now that I have my head on straight and my priorities in a row. I'm sorry for the lack of blogging, but I hope to get back on track real soon. Thank you all for the supportive comments. Much love.
XOXO Katie

1 comment:

  1. Ohh katie! You had meningitis?! poor you :( that must have been so terrible and confusing I do hope you are feeling better now.. yes the amount of fluid that they put in you is ridiculous.. but with my sister it was the same.. you will normalise again there is no doubt about that, they have to do it to make sure you get better and I am glad it didnt trigger you off.. I hope you are ok, lots of love my dear x

    ReplyDelete